To the Membership:
This letter will highlight some of the changes to our benefits options for 2021.
Lincoln Term Life:
No Action will be needed
Critical Illness, Accident, or Aflac insurance:
The current direct deposit will cover these insurance plans. Please contact NGP, Nation Group Protection for more information at On-line: www.ngp-ins.com/twuiamamerican Phone: (888) 817-6396
Hartford Short Term Disability STD:
- The Hartford will hold the in-force rates until the rate guarantee expires on 1/2022. There will be no additional premium increases (the original agreed upon 2021 PMPM $35.35 was already slated to occur on 1/1/2021)
- We will auto-enroll all current in-force Hartford policyholders into the “Locals” plan.
- We will offer open enrollment to all members. Direct deposit will be processed through JetNet. We will post forms needed when received.
Hartford Short Term disability plans will have an open enrollment for those members who do not currently have STD through the Hartford. We will be posting the forms online as soon as we receive them. Just like last year if you are coming from MetLife, the company STD, they will waive the 1-year elimination period which is 7 days for accident and 60 days for illness for the first year. New enrollees will also follow this elimination. If you had STD last year with Union Benefits planners the Hartford you will need to update your direct deposit to reflect the new 2021 premium increase.
Company MetLife Short term Disability will be eliminated in 2021, NGP will be offering a STD option Please contact NGP, Nation Group Protection for more information at On-line: www.ngp-ins.com/twuiamamerican Phone: (888) 817-6396
Hartford Long Term Disability LTD:
The Hartford will hold the in-force rates until the rate guarantee expires subject to the following changes:
- Plan Design Change 1: The Hartford will remove the pension contribution benefit effective 1/2021. All claims with a date of disability on 1/1/2021 or after will not have the pension contribution benefit.
- Plan Design Change 2: The Hartford will remove the “Back Door Social Security” integration method from the relevant classes and all classes on the program will have standard family social security offsets apply.
- We will auto-enroll all current in-force Hartford policyholders into the “Locals” plan. Direct deposit will be processed through JetNet. We will be posting the Direct deposit forms needed to maintain this Hartford LTD benefit if you choose to go with company Met life plan you will just not submit these forms.
Some Differences in Hartford LTD (current) and Met Life LTD (New company plan)
- 50% pay Tax free
- Pays after 6 months
- Premiums are cut in half for members 50 and older
- Hartford LTD no longer has a pension contribution benefit and back door social security benefit
- Check chart below for benefits payable at age when disabled
- 60% pay Tax free
- Pays after 4 months
- Premiums are age banded. See chart below
- 24-months for soft tissue and/or Musculoskeletal. This does not include muscular diseases.
- If you are under 60 years old the plan pays to age 65. If you are older then 60 it will pay for 5 years at date of disability.
Met Life New Company LTD
To calculate the rate, take age rate and multiply by yearly salary divide that by 100 then divide by 12, and that will be your monthly rate. For example, a topped out Mechanic in the 50 to 54 age band will be paying $132.24/ month.
Hartford Union LTD
Local 591 EAP / Member Assistance Representatives
Ken Morse- (815) 483-8585 - firstname.lastname@example.org -National EAP Director and Benefits–Member Assistance Program Coordinator
Hector Posa- (815) 323-9648 - ORD MLS EAP-Member Assistance Peer
Mark Smejkal- (847)757-1954 - ORD EAP-Member Assistance Peer
Tony Lepore- (940) 536-8817- email@example.com-National Benefits and EAP-Member Assistance Coordinator
Danny Wilson-(631) 334-0933- firstname.lastname@example.org Northeast Region Member Assistance Program EAP and Benefits Coordinator
Rawle Skeete- (954) 559-7505- email@example.com Southeast Region Member Assistance Program EAP and Benefits Coordinator
Phil Revollo- (954) 665-7383 MIA EAP-Member Assistance Peer
Sean Bruno- (310) firstname.lastname@example.org West Region Member Assistance Program EAP and Benefits Coordinator
Edwin Joseph- (310) 709-4755- email@example.com West Region Member Assistance Program EAP and Benefits peer Coordinator
Sabrina Dooley- (404) 245-6048- Sabrinadooleyp@aol.com West Region (SFO) Member assistance EAP and Benefits Peer
John Kline- (817) 819-7230- firstname.lastname@example.org Southwest Region Member Assistance Program (Terminal) EAP and Benefits Coordinator
David San Miguel- (817) 875-5808- D.email@example.com Southwest Region Member Assistance Program (Hangar) EAP and Benefits Coordinator
David Emerline- (469) 408-8197- EEMERLINEE07@YAHOO.COM Southwest Region Member Assistance Program (MLS) EAP and Benefits Peer Coordinator
Hartford STD Enrollment Form_2021.pdf
Benefit Infomation Update 10-15-2020.pdf
TWU STD BHS.pdf
TWU-IAM AA Brochure 2020 vFinal.pdf
Payroll Authorization Form 2021 -PDF.pdf