CFC WAREHOUSE 3RD BID OF 2023
The effective Date of Bid is Monday Sep 11, 2023 – Jan 7, 2024
Written Bids will be due on THURSDAY, August 24, 2023 by 06:00 AM
Bidding will take place on THURSDAY, August 24, 2023 at 07:00 AM
Every employee must submit a PAPER BID in Supervisor/CC Office or Call in at the number provided below at your bid time. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Paper bids must contain the following:
- A full paper bid with all selection choices (current process); contact phone number is optional
- A partial paper bid, some selection choices, with a contact phone number (YOU MAY BE CALLED)
- A bid sheet with your contact phone number, no selection choices (YOU WILL BE CALLED)
The bid room will call you at the number you provide on your bid form. The Bid will be available at www.local591.com (SW Region) allowing members to view the bid LIVE on the website.
NOTE: The contact number that you provide on your bid sheet is the only number that will be called.
NOTE: There are no walk-in bids allowed.
- Bid sheets will be picked up from the CFC Warehouse Bid Box in Supervisor/Crew Chief office at 08:00 daily.
NOTE: If you fail to submit a paper bid or do not provide a contact number, you will be bypassed until you call the CFC bid room at (469) 784-4864
- If you elect to be contacted by the bid room to bid your slot, you will have a 5-minute timeslot to make your selection. After the 5-minutes is up, you will be bypassed for the next employee that is eligible for their 5-minutes. The bid will not be held up for an individual bid beyond their 5-minute time slot.
- The bid room will make 2 attempts to contact the employee within their 5-minute timeslot, leaving a voice message when available. Please leave your phone line open to receive calls in your 5-minute timeslot. If you call in late, you will bid after the current bidder on the clock makes their selection.
- Only call into the CFC bid room at (469) 784-4864. Please do not call the bid room for anything other than for your bid.
- You will not be allowed to bid if you are not on payroll at your bid timeslot unless you provide medical substantiation or other necessary documentation that will clear you for duty prior to the effective date of the new shift bid schedule.
- No one will be allowed to bid for another person. Any employee who becomes TD or work restricted due to injury, or illness may be reassigned according to your restrictions.
- Anyone who will be on vacation during the shift bid selection process is requested to submit their bid sheet in a bid box before leaving for vacation. Use the bid form in accordance with Number 1. above, or you will be bypassed.
Information about CFC Warehouse positions
- CFC Warehouse work assignments will be assigned by the Crew Chief or Acting Crew Chief per the contract.
- It is the responsibility of the Crew Chief for the efficient running of their crew as it pertains to work assignments and the daily routine work.
If you are new at CFC and have never participated in a Shift Bid before, please see a Local 591 Union Representative for directions and answers to any questions you may have.
Tech Ops Supply and Distribution